what is semibalancedmama all about?



Welcome to semibalancedmama! I started this journey back in 2014 when I was a new"ish" mom to one sweet little boy, who made my job SO fun. But, I needed a hobby and since writing was something I loved to do, I thought blogging was the perfect thing. Little did I know, how much work actually goes into creating these little posts. A lot has changed since then. We have moved, welcomed another sweet little face to our crew and my personal website is not updated white as much as I would like. Each and every click means the world to me and whether you are here for my most pinned post, Mini Shephard's Pie or one of favorite running workouts, know that I SO appreciate you. 

I mentioned moving above, but I should mention that we moved internationally! We now live on a small island called Okinawa. It is an island south of Japan and we absolutely LOVE living here. We are traveling all around Asia and life is pretty grand. 

My mission with this blog is to uplift, motivate, inspire, put a smile on your face and most importantly let you know that we are all in this together. I'll do this by sharing my favorite workouts, delicious family recipes and tips that help me to be a semi balanced mama! Yes, a lot of the content will be about the joys and struggles of being a SAHM (if you are not sure what this stands for, ignore), but I am not just a mom. I am a wife, a friend, a partner and so much more. 

You can also find my most recent work on militarymomsblog.com as well as OkinawaHai.com. Two websites that I adore writing for and working with. 
Throughout these posts my biggest joy would be to know that someone found a workout plan they love, a recipe that their family devoured, or enjoyed a silly story that proves it really is 5:00 somewhere!

Catch all of our Okinawa adventures on my Instagram
Pin your favorite recipe here


"Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony." Thomas Merton


Kanpai, 

 




2 comments

  1. Hi Meredith,
    Thank you for producing such a great blog to connect with. I am a military wife, mom of 3 and jewelry designer. Making jewelry through the years has kept me balanced, happy and sane with our moves to Oki, Hawaii and the great US states.
    I wanted to see if you would you be interested in hosting a Giveaway on your blog? I think it could be fun! Please reach me at wittnwhimsy1@yahoo.com.
    Keep up the good work! We all need a bit of inspiration every day!

    ReplyDelete